Thursday, March 27, 2008

Things the Baby Likes- 1st Trimester Edition

Since I am on an upswing from my past few days of awful-feeling (I think this is because I switched to taking my prenatal vitamin at night for a few days and it was wonking up my stomach, now that I switched back to morning...all good), I figured I'd post a list of the foods that I've been craving. Just for fun/archival purposes:

Hearty Chicken Noodle Cup o'Soup
Veggie Noodle Cup o'Soup
Plantain Chips
Fruit Smoothies
Vanilla Milkshakes
Fruit Salad- plain, no sugar or additives
Water
Baby Tomatoes
Multi-grain Flatbread
Berries of all sorts
Bananas
Ginger Brew
Eggplant Curry
Mango Nectar
Plain Tortilla Chips
Zazz
Milk
Cereal
Boring Cheese
Baked French Fries
Brown Rice with Butter
Watermelon
Baked Potatoes with Sour Cream

Things the baby hates

Aged Cheese (this kills me. But even the smell of a good paremsan makes me ill)
Meat of any sort, even fish (except for the chicken pieces in my Cup o'Soup)
Greasy, fried food
Rich Desserts (I tried, but man, this gets me)
Mexican Food
Coffee (I still drink some in the morning to stave off headache, but I don't like it)
Cream-based soups
Sandwiches (tried egg salad the other day... YUK)


I keep thinking about some funny survivalist theory about what I don't want to eat right now. Like the baby distrusts the safety of Mexican food and knows that meat may have a high chance of food-poisoning, or something. Also, that sandwiches are inherently evil.

:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For everyone's amusement, a list of things Tim wants/craves/desires:

see brooke's list of things the baby hates.

irony

Amy said...

Tim, come over to our house and eat forbidden foods! We'll go to Holy Frijoles, then eat the crack cheese dip from Wine Source.