Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Etsy is the best place

I love Etsy so much that I could ask it to marry me, if I weren't married already (and it wasn't an internet site). But seriously, it's the best thing I've discovered on the web in years. Just the ability to connect with so many independent artists and get all sorts of goodies for great prices is just fabulous.

My most recent purchase for mommyhood has been to get a good cocoa butter stick for the impending boobs and soon to be expanding belly. Not to mention, my cracking feet (sorry to go there) because I'm a dancer and beat the crap out of my poor piggies.

Anyways, for the longest time, I have had one of The Body Shop's cocoa butter sticks on hand for my dry winter skin. I feel in love with these back when I used to assistant manage there and no one would buy them. I always felt like they were the unsung hero of the shop. Well, that is not so anymore. I went in to get one last night and they were all sold out. Strike that. They are going to be all sold out for MONTHS! Yeah! The girl working there told me that they were being bought up like crazy and would be out of stock for months! Crazy.

So, I did what any savvy Brooke would do and hit the net. I figured that Etsy had to have some solid cocoa butter that I could buy to tide me over. Well, not only did I find some solid cocoa butter, I found a seller who has a triple butter stick that has cocoa butter, shea butter, mango butter and squalene (shark liver extract, rich in antioxidants). And, to boot, she has like a million fragrances you cann add to it. And finally, it's close to 1/3 of the price of The Body Shop's stick (and I could buy close to eight of these for the price of the l'occitaine shea butter tin I saw at Sephora yesterday, eep!). Rock on!

I got it in Mata Hari scent, which is totally up my alley...

Mata Hari- an intriguing fragrance that starts off with Javanese Sandalwood, French vanilla bean which is then mixed with cedar and oak moss this highlights the fragrance’s silky smooth notes and heightens your mood.


I hope this stick works as well as The Body Shop's... I don't see why it shouldn't, as it has similar ingredients. I'll let you know how it works out. It's hard, knowing that my body will get all big and preggers, to shop for beauty products, as I oscillate between feeling so sexy and then big fatty blah. But I'm going to try to make it a priority to get stuff that makes me feel cute and hot all through this process, so I can own cute mammahood.

2 comments:

Abigail K. said...

Wow. That sounds DIVINE. Yay!

the ineffable b said...

ooh I KNOW! It's gonna be so sweet!

I can't wait to get it in...