Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Knitting Dreams

On Saturday and Sunday, I revived my Viveka sweater project that was accumulating dust. Being preggers does that to you. It makes you think you're invincible, like some amazing superhero while at the same time urging you on with the odd survival mindset that says, "you've GOT to learn to follow through with things. You're going to have a little person who will need you to follow through all the time, so it's time to train up and be ready for the big game." So, all the little things I neglected are becoming to-do items, whether it be because I feel like a Mighty Mom-to-be or because I feel I need to start getting my crap together.

For whatever reason, I'm back in the game. I have the second sleeve nearly done, then it's on to the body. It's a fairly simple pattern for a first sweater, so I think I'll do fine.

On the same note, I've been looking up patterns for baby stuff, since I will be a beached whale for part of this whole process and I'd like to make some stuff for the kid. Knitty has a wealth of awesome kids stuff, so I have a bunch to choose from. Right now, my favorites are these cute cargo pants, this really cute cabled pull-over, this ever so precious hat , this grow with me top and these cute booties.

The only hard thing is that MOST of the knitty stuff is so girl-centric... what if I have a boy? Well, he'll just have to be really comfy with his manhood, because he will have SOME of these ridiculous pieces anyways. Plus, I can modulate some of them to be more manly. Slap a boat anchor on it or something :)

No comments: