Thursday, October 23, 2008

Induction Scheduled!

Well kids, the daughterling will be here, come hell or high water, by Monday. I just got off the phone with the surgical scheduler at my hospital and they're going to induce me on Monday at 5:30 a.m. if the daughterling isn't here by then. I'm still hoping she comes of her own volition, but I'd much rather induce her Monday and get my doc (the one that delivered me into this world) than wait until later on in the week and get some other doctor I may not even know. Also, I'm hoping to avoid a C-section by inducing her while she's just around 9lbs than waiting until she's even bigger and risking it down the road.

This has been hard for me, as I really wanted to have a nautral/non intervention birth. But you know, I'm coming to peace with it. I really think it's what's best for her, to get her into this world safely, so I gotta do it.

BUT HOPEFULLY I will walk her out before then! Send me good vibes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To B: Keep walking! Eat some italian food with oregano & basil in it! Get frisky!

To Daughterling: Come on out lil' girl!

N'lo said...

ok, now I'm semantically & physically curious. You keep saying of her own volition. But her body doing anything about it? Does she let out some kind of LET ME OUT hormone that triggers your body into complementary action? p.s. I highly approve of you practicing your drumming rhythms gently until she starts pounding on the roof with the broomstick. And then do it louder. DOOMtekateka!