Friday, October 17, 2008

8 days?? REALLY?

There are officially 8 days until my due date. What does that mean? Not much of anything, per se. But it's still surreal. The idea that way back in February when I found out I was pregnant set me hundreds of days out and now they have dwindled down to just about a week before the due date is astounding. So much growth has happened for me. Both Tim and myself have experienced so many awesome things and gone through so many ups and downs... it's just unbelievable. And to know that this is just the start of a whole other person joining our family is so cool, I can't even tell you.

I think I've also gotten a hold of myself nerve wise and it's time to take a healthier approach to the waiting game. I have to focus on what I can do to stay occupied and not let myself fall into anxious/over excitable hermit time. So, for this weekend I plan on going out for dinner with a small group of chums for Tim/My joint birthday and then spending the rest of the weekend doing some knitting and scrapbooking I've been putting off. I'm also going to try to go for a walk around the neighborhood to take in the brisk, beautiful air. Maybe a little basic yoga on the mat in the backyard, too.

I need to make sure I continue spending time with friends and not acting like every day I have to be uber prepared, lest it be THE BIG DAY. The daughterling will come when she's ready and there's no point in me trying to prepare for or control that.

No comments: