Wednesday, October 8, 2008

grrrrrrrrrrr

Dear People-

It is NOT COOL to be around a pregnant lady if you know you're sick. Seriously uncool, in fact. If you know you've got a cold, a fever, the flu, etc. than do your preggos a favor and steer clear.

In case you don't know this, preggos have a weakened immune system. That means we get sick more easily. That means that if you hang around us for any extended period of time there is a good chance we'll get the same ill crap that you have.

In the early stages of pregnancy, docs can be kind of funny about this b/c the fetus is undergoing such great developmental changes that having a fever can cause all sorts of issues. Later on in pregnancy, it just makes you feel like crap when you're already swollen, huge and grumpy. So just don't do it.

This message inspired by me finding out that the temp I was training was sick her first day here, hanging around me for close to a full eight hours. Now, as I write this post, I am feeling sick and gross. Grrrrr... thanks a lot gal!

To her credit, she says she only noticed it near the end of the day. But still! I told her that she should have let me know as soon as she felt ill so I could send her home. Now, I've got the sickness.

The end..

Brooke

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not only are you more likeyl to get sick, but people take for granted that preggos can't take the good meds!! So what feels like a minor cold to you while you are chugging dayquil and nyquil, feels like the end of the world to a preggo! Hang in there Brook-lyn. I PROMISE that time is about to feel like it's going at warp speed. Try to savor slow-motion. :-)