Sunday, November 2, 2008

Good stuff

OK, so I've done a lot of venting and all on this blog lately, which is good for the sanity. But I don't want to make it seem like life has been one hard patch lately. There have been quite a few awesome things that have happened, so I figured I'd list them...

*Story had her first bath in the kitchen sink. Yup, she's a sink baby. I gave her the bath while daddy took pictures and she HATED every moment of it. It was really precious, though.

*Our loverly friends, Jess and Greg, gave us a swing that she adores. We put her in it last night and she swung while watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I am happy to report that she seemed entranced by this show. Thanks again Jess and Greg!

*Story has had two nights in a row sleeping in her crib, getting 3-4 hour blocks of rest and going to be fairly fuss free. We still stop in all the time to check on her (it's actually harder to not freak out when she's being so peaceful and sleepy, LOL) and pat/reassure her. But two whole nights of no screaming/wailing!

*Story played on her rainforest tummy/back play mat for quite some time today and had a blast. Though we think she was more entranced by the curtains in the dining room than the play set.

*Story had the most explosive poop ever today. OMG she was hanging out with daddy in the dining room and I could hear it while I hung out in the living room, it was THAT loud. She also seemed very happy and proud of this.

*I got to take Story on a walk around the neighborhood with Tim yesterday afternoon. It was a bit hard, as I still had some painful moments, but it felt SO GOOD to be out and about, getting fresh air. Story also really seems to like it, though the bumpy ride makes her sleepy.

There's been a lot of other awesome moments, but gushing about them all would probably annoy the heck out of you all. But I'll just say this- she is the coolest thing and I'm so glad she exists. I really can't wait until I heal more so we can go on more walks and a day trip here and there. For now, it's great to enjoy her company and get to spend a lot of lazy days on the couch with her.

No comments: