Thursday, November 13, 2008

gettin fat!

Woohoo!

Just came back from the pediatrician and Story is up a whopping 11 ounces from her last weigh in a week ago!!! She's back to her birth weight and all is going fabulously. Just goes to show how odd babies are with their growth spurts. I also am quite happy to find that my new feeding/pumping techniques have worked!

I have to admit that I wasn't surprised that she had gained weight. In the past few days, she's all but outgrown a bunch of the newborn onesies we bought for her. It's really cool, but also a but stunning to notice that one day your baby fits into something and the next you can barely squeeze them in. Human growth is so amazing!

It's also been great to have Tim be able to feed Story via bottle. It's really wonderful to watch him bond with her in that way. It's also nice that I can now get a 4 hour block of sleep in once in a while at night.

Speaking of which, off to go be lazy while Story takes a nap. It's rainy, so I feel a hot drink and internet surfing fiasco coming on.

2 comments:

Amy Chess said...

Awesome job, Momma!

Party of Two said...

Those 4 hour blocks of sleep rock! Good for you!