Wednesday, November 5, 2008

cheesy, but true

"You think you know how much you can possibly love another human being, then you have a child... and you don't believe how much you love this little person. It seems impossible, but it's true."


Though I've always rolled my eyes and thought it was cheesy when people said this to me, I can't argue against it now. Story is just the greatest and best thing ever. Ever ever ever.

I should note that Story has become the most enjoyable baby in the past week. She's wide awake and barely fussy, she sleeps well, she enjoys playing with both mommy and daddy. She even has favorite activities, like: staring at the curtains, eating her fists and checking stuff out. I can't wait until she gets even more active so we can play with some of the awesome toys she has.

If any of you out there are soon to be moms/recent moms and struggle with a baby, the only advice I give you is this: ditch the books. Ditch the books and ditch the well-intentioned declarations and advice from friends, family and online groups. Parent by your instinct, it won't let you down. Sure, consult doctors and other resources with questions you have, but, in the end, follow your heart. Every baby is different and you know how to parent your child. Trust me, once I stopped trying all these random "methods" for soothing and making Story happy and just paid attention to what my gut said, life has been FABULOUS!

:)

1 comment:

Toya said...

You are absolutely right. The best advice my mom gave me was: "Relax. Breathe. Listen to her. The baby will teach you everything you need to know."