Sunday, January 4, 2009

Story has a boyfriend!

So, I finally got the courage to attend a Baltimore Natural Mothers/Attachment Parenting Meetup Group this afternoon. I've kept meaning to attend, as I am in some dire need of having some moms to hang out with in the area. But even though I'm usually a social animal in other situations, for some reason I've been terrified about meeting and hanging out with other moms. I guess I just sometimes feel so clueless as to what I'm doing, no matter how much I research, that I am afraid of hanging around other moms and looking like a total dolt. But I finally pulled myself by my wussy little bootstraps and went out.

And it was a ton of fun! It was a very low-key hangout, with nice snacks (must remember to contribute in the future!) and a cool gal talking to us about chemicals in baby products. It's pretty disturbing that the U.S. sells products that are known to be harmful to children, including baby care products that have icky stuff in them. She also educated us on the Kid Safe Chemicals Act, which urges the U.S. to stop allowing companies to put toxic chemicals in home cleaners, detergents and body products.

But probably the best part was that Story got a boyfriend! This awesome mom was there with her little boy, Lief (of COURSE I can't remember HER name... it's terrible. SEE why I'm so afraid of making friends?) who just so happens to be about a week older than Story. So now, by default, they are boyfriend and girlfriend. Their first date was very romantic- lots of drooling, staring at shiny lights, looking at shadows and ignoring each other. I think they're off to a great start!

And I came home to the Ravens versus Dophins, with the Ravens winning so far!

It's been a pretty good day. If I didn't have thrush, it'd be much better, though. But oh well, you can't have everything, now can you?

No comments: