Wednesday, January 7, 2009

just no fair

It's just not fair. Now that I'm about to go back to work in a week, Story has become just the BEST baby to be around. She and I spend our days eating, playing and cooing, watching TV, playing with developmental toys. She takes regular naps, even will nap in her swing without complaint... she's just a treasure.

Why is it that I can't just stay at home and enjoy her? Well, I probably COULD if I really wanted to, but we'd have to sell the house, a car, all that. No, I love my career and I am excited about getting back to it. But part of me is so upset that I have to go back. I will miss her amazing personality every minute I'm away from her. She's just magical.

I know that in the years to come, she'll be even more incredible every day. And I'm so excited for her going to daycare. My lovely friend, Toya's, mom will be watching her and I'm just sure she'll make lots of new friends and adore her caregiver. She's so social that I'm sure daycare will be tons of fun for her.

I just can't wait until I have more leave stored up again and I can take some days with her. She's just so fun now.

No comments: