Thursday, January 8, 2009

I am trying SO HARD

I am trying so desperately hard not to give up on breastfeeding right now. I have an infection of the ta-ta (yeah, TMI I know), am in a great deal of pain, am totally stressed out and, as a result of all this, have had to halt my storing of milk for going back to work.

I am currently doped up, on antibiotics, have to use a bizarre cream and have now had to add in both sterilizing my pump after every use (I was cleaning it with anti-bacterial soap and all 1x/day, but that's no good) as well as had to master feeding Story while pumping at the same time, no easy task.

I just feel like breastfeeding has been SUCH an uphill battle for me. I think it is for a lot of people. But right now I feel like every time I win one fight, I find a whole new, worse opponent just around the corner.

My goal is to breastfeed Story for at least a year. If I can make that, I am going to seriously shout for joy at this point. I feel like I'm at the point of just going day-to-day, trying so hard not to give up and reach for some formula.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Brooke, I feel ya. Hang in there.