Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh, husband!

Holiday season means awesome parties and the chance to dress up and actually have adult conversation. This week, I have my own work Christmas party and the hubby's parties to go to. I feel so lucky to have found help watching Story for these events. However, there is a little snag w/ the hubby's party.

ME: I have to figure out what to wear this weekend for the party.
HUBBY: You can wear your Gala dress.
ME: Uh, no I can't. I wouldn't fit into it. And it's a bit dressy anyways. It's a black tie dress.
HUBBY: The party is black tie. And you'd totally fit into it.
ME: What? You didn't mention that! And no, I am still 30 lbs away from fitting into that dress.
HUBBY: They don't really mean it.
ME: Was it on the invitation?
HUBBY: Yeah. But I'm sure you can just wear something dressy.

That's boys for you. Bless him for thinking I look just as I did pre-baby, but there is NO WAY I'm going to fit into that dress. So, off to Le Target today to fing an affordable dress and cute shoes. Thanks to hubby's parents who are watching Story.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

in my defense, please see attached note from head of HR in response to the many questions about the "black tie" status of the event:


Hi Team,

I have gotten lots of calls in regards to the holiday party “attire”. The invitation states “formal”. Please note, that formal typically refers to the following:

Men – Option of wearing tuxedo, or suit and tie.

Woman – Cocktail dresses, long dresses, or dressy evening separates.

This was the suggested dress to really enjoy an elegant evening with friends and co-workers, however, if you don’t own a suit, a shirt and tie, then a nice sweater and slacks will of course be accepted. If the requested attire has made you question if you would be able to attend or not, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use your best judgment...



so, you'll forgive me if I come off being a bit noncommittal about the dress code.

and, for posterity, I don't believe I am even wearing a tie.

Unknown said...

Tim, you're swimming in murky waters here.

Unknown said...

I've been working here long enough to know that nothing with *EVAR* be truly "Black Tie Formal."

not while there are jewel-encrusted "CRUNK" Goblets to be drunk out of.

or video games to be played after dinner.