Sunday, September 28, 2008

my amazing sister`

Many of my friends know this already, but I have just about the best sister on Earth. Seriously, you may think your sister is better, but she's not. My sister, indeed, is the best.

My sister is not only smart, pretty and one of the funniest people I know, but she's also one of the most generous. Though she pretends to be a heartless Republican, she is really a giant softy who would do anything for the people she loves. There, I have exposed her secret.

She took Tim and I out yesterday and literally got us everything else we could possibly need for our daughter besides the stroller (which we are asking for some family help with.) With my niece in tow, we went on a baby shopping spree at Target. She bought us a pack-n-play, monitors, cute clothes and booties, a freaky jungle themed baby play set (I say "freaky" because it has a "friendly giraffe" toy as part of the set that really weirded my sister out, but I love), all sorts of bottles and breast feeding accessories, a first aid kit, blankies and, best of all, a Redskins cheerleader baby set (this is funny as I'm more of a Ravens fan, but the daughter can now be dressed up for hanging out with Aunt Kim on game day.) She totally didn't have to be so generous, but I'm glad she was. I have SO MUCH less stress now, I can't even tell ya. I look around the daughter's room and say... "YES. We could have her soon and everything would be fine."

Now, my sister would say that she is only being so nice because she had MY daughter (my niece and I are kindred spirits) and my daughter will, therefore, be a little conservative Republican like her. She jokes that it's because our daughter will be just like her and she's investing in her future.

But I know the truth... it's because she's the best sister in the world.

No comments: