Sunday, September 7, 2008

33 Weeks- Big Adult Purchases

I have reached the 33 week point, which means I only have about 7 weeks or so to go. That's less than two months and, though it's not some significant number by any medical standard, for some reason it's a milestone for me. For some reason, finding myself with less than two months left to go feels like I'm on the part of the rollercoaster where I've hit the apex of the hill and can just feel that pull downwards. I know that everything will whirl by from here.

Tim and I just got back from Babies R Us after having made major purchases that solidify the impending parenthood- we bought our crib and dresser/changing table set. After much searching/scoping out online, I picked a few sets that got great reviews as far as wear and tear go, as well as a crib that converts into a toddler bed. We didn't break the bank or anything (it's amazing to me how expensive cribs/kid's bedroom sets are... OMG it's as much if not more than adult beds in most cases), but I feel like we got the best set for our money.

Behold, the pretties:



and the changing table (we got one to match the crib above, but they don't have that color online, so I'm posting the "natural" one)



We had to order these in store (that's the way it goes at BRU, I guess), so it'll be a week or more before we can pick them up. I'm just so excited. It was a scary and big purchase to make, but then I have to remind myself that the amount we spent on both these items was HALF what people pay at the posh baby store up the street for a single set of drawers, so that makes me feel better.

It's just getting so REAL!

No comments: