Friday, June 27, 2008

Psychosomatic Girliness?

I think it's just some weird way I'm reacting to having a girl, but...

I AM SO MUCH more girly lately than I ever have been. I've been buying all sorts of dresses (wearing a cute one from Target today), lip gloss and lipstick, as well as being given fancy, smelly lotions and potions from a co-worker. Last night, I sprawled out in the glider while watching The Wire with the hubby and delighted in pouring SJP's Lovely lotion all over my pregnant belly. It was such a nice indulgence, especially because I didn't have to pay for the frou-frou lotion (co-worker's step-mother works for Vera Wang Perfume, so she gives her samples.) Today I think I have the most moisturized belly in the world.

The weirdest part of this is that I have generally been a tomboy. I mean, unless you count all the high-school years in which I wore girly clothing to seem cuter to boys. But really, I'm a jeans and tank top kind of girl. But something in having a girl baby has opened this door to a land of flowy skirts, dresses, pink things and soft fabrics.

Weird!

2 comments:

Felinegroovy said...

i think the baby is giving you extra estrogen making you more girly :)

Toya said...

Dude, if you need free girly stuff, you know I got you!