Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Other Ways to Give

As we're about to welcome our new lil gal to the family, we know that some will want to give a gift, but won't have the means. Certainly, Tim and I have been there ourselves and want to emphasize that, for those who can't afford a baby gift, there are wonderful things you can do as our friends and family that are no less precious to us!

As parents to be, we'll need some support as we adjust to our new life plus one! So, we'd more than welcome you, our friends and family, to give us the gift of companionship and friendship.

When the baby comes, we'll need Family and Friends:

*to bring over dinner (nothing fancy)

*to visit with Brooke during her maternity leave and go on walks/outings

*to offer up basic activities (going to a park/going on a walk/etc) to get Brooke and Tim out of the house.

*any other chance to hang out and de-stress.

Besides hang-outs and visiting, if any of our crafty friends would like to help, we could gladly use:

*knitted soakers for our cloth diapering


Just wanted to remind everyone that some of the best gifts don't cost a thing!

2 comments:

Felinegroovy said...

i will give up time when I am home for the holidays and babysit if you want out of the house... well I am getting you a gift too, but I will still come over when I am home and hang out too. have to meet the new precious girl at some point :)

Toya said...

I would be more than happy to bring over dinner, if you'd let me know what kind of things you like. Also, I'm on flex day every other Monday, so I would love to come over and keep you and baby company during your maternity leave!