Monday, June 2, 2008

Dream Dinners- The Greatest Idea EVER!

My friend Amy, who is soon to be a mama (any week now) posted on her blog about one of those Let's Dish kind of dinner making places. In case you've never heard of them, they're these shops where you go online, sign up for meals you want to buy (in servings of 3, 6, 8) and then you create them in your shop and take them home to cook later. It's kind of like a fun, reasonably healthy way to pre-make a week's worth of dinners so that you can come home from work (or take a few minutes from dealing with your new baby) and have a nice meal. I've heard of these before, but I never thought about them in a new-parent-resource kind of way.

Well, I just checked them out and it's BRILLIANT. Tim and I can go to Dream Dinners' website, choose a bunch of dinners, then I or Tim or both of us can show up at the location near us, make all the dinners at once then freeze or refrigerate them for use. This means our dinner prep and cook time would drop from one hour plus a night to fifteen to twenty minutes. Not to mention, it's way cheaper than our current weekly budgeted dinners (for the price of one week of groceries, we'll get close to three weeks worth of dinners)! I'm so excited, can't you tell?

And the very very best part is that we just so happened to get a deep freezer that came with our house, so we are set and ready to roll! Tim and I are going to try it out and see how it goes. If it works out, we may just be doing this as our new weekly dinner regimen!

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a wonderful Dream Dinner experience and don’t for get to vote for your favorites to be on the August Menu. Kids who grow up eating Dream Dinnes have better eating habits! We actually have children on our tasting panels; it is amazing to see what kids will really eat. We put kids in a box when we only feed them "white foods"You can get even more ideas on my blog Take care. http://stephanieallen.wordpress.com/