Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Kick Monster

Our little miss is a bonafide Kick Monster. A few weeks ago, I kept wishing to just feel something and now I am afraid I am getting my comeuppance.

She seems to enjoy kicking me after several occasions: 1) when I've had a lot of sugar (which makes me feel a bit bad for getting her all amped up) 2) when I'm relaxed at home or trying to sleep and, most funnily/annoyingly 3) when I really have to pee. On the third occasion, I imagine her saying, "OMG! Go to the bathroom, woman! I've got little enough space here as it is without you hogging it all up with your bladder!"

It's ok, though. It's pretty damned cool!

I just called Tim and told him that he had to have a talk with his daughter about the fact that I am trying to get work done and am being distracted by her kicking episode. So I held the phone to my belly and he told her that Mommy was doing very important work and she needed to stop kicking for a bit.

It worked! See, already she listens to him way more than she does to me. So it goes!

No comments: