Friday, February 20, 2009

A little cheese

I was just emailing a coworker on what it's like to be a mom and I felt like I had to cut and paste it into my blog for reference...

It sounds odd, but I feel like having a child is the closest I’ve come to being obsessed with anyone. I adore her so much, no questions. I can’t get enough of her- her cute little feet, her smile, her hoots, grunts and coos. I could seriously watch her in her swing with her lovey for hours, just marveling at how awesome she is. And yea, sometimes she drives me insane and makes me so stressed out, but I still adore her. I can remember seeing my 20 week ultrasound and just being so proud of her, knowing that I already loved her more than I thought was humanly imaginable. I know it sounds cracked out, but I can remember seeing The Grinch That Stole Christmas with her this year and feeling a total association with the Grinch when he turned good- “And the Grinch’s heart grew three times that day.” That is exactly how I felt when I first saw her.


Cheesy, but true. Story is the best.thing.ever.

No comments: