Friday, April 11, 2008

Birthing Classes, Here I Come

I just signed up for a wealth of birthing classes at AAMC. I'm uber excited, though still a bit scared, too.

But that's normal, I'm sure.

Here's the classes I'm taking:

Daddy Bootcamp (Tim is taking this. Basically, Dads bring their kids in so that Dads-to-be can actually practice parenting on real babies. EEP! But cool.)

Breastfeeding Basics- The name pretty much says it.

One Wonderful Weekend- parenting workshops for new parents. Explains all the goods to you about birthing and raising a baby.


SpaMama-
more positions, breathing and meditation for birth. Learn additional positions for greater ease during the last weeks of pregnancy and during labor and birth.

Newborn Care- Learning how to diaper, swaddle and comfort, choose and prepare infant formula, how (and where) to take temperature and when to call a doctor. Sleep strategies for parents and babies and how to handle too much advice.


I think these classes will be really great, though I muse admit that right now I'm pretty sure classes will give me like 1/3 of the knowledge, then it's up to street smarts!

No comments: