Friday, March 27, 2009

MRSA!

Story recently got an infected hangnail that caused me to take the day off of work and go to the Pediatrician. It was so nasty and grody... poor gal. Anyways, I took her to the doctor, who squeezed the icky puss out and sent it for culturing. Meanwhile, he asked if I would like to put her on antibiotics or not and I told him most definitely. Anyways, Story is now totally fine and her finger has healed up nicely.

But the results of the culture came back and STORY HAD MRSA!!! We don't know where she got it from, only that it somehow infected her hangnail. I know she's fine and all, but it's so amazingly scary to think of. And I feel so bad, because I work in a hospital, so I'm automatically blaming myself for this one.

But the good part is that she's fine, that little missy is doing OK. But I'm totally freaked out now, of course.

No comments: